Sunday, August 25, 2013

Strawberry Salad Dressing

Strawberry Salad Dressing



Ingredients
1/4 c. Balsamic vinaigrette
1/4 c. Olive oil (I used extra light)
1/2 c. sliced strawberries
salt and pepper to taste

Optional:
1 1/2 tsp. raw honey (omit if doing Whole30)

Directions:
Combine balsamic, olive oil and strawberries in a blender or mini food processor (I used my handheld immersion blender). In the picture above, you can see I used a little more than 1/2 cup of strawberries.

Once it is creamy, taste and decide if it is sweet enough. If not, either add some more strawberries or up to 1.5 tsp of honey. If your strawberries are in season and ripe, you should not need any extra sweetener (I didn’t).

Add a little salt & pepper to taste and stir to combine.

Yield: ~1 cup of dressing — enough to cover two family sized salads.



Strawberry Salad Recipe

Ingredients
~ 5 cups of spinach or salad greens
I use Wegmans Organic Spring Mix and grab about 5 handfuls for my family of five.
~ 1 cup sliced strawberries
~ 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped pecans or slivered almonds
1/2 cup Strawberry Salad Dressing
(recipe above)

Directions:
Combine all of your ingredients in a large bowl. Use whatever proportions work best for you, the above amounts are just what I tend to do, but I don’t measure any of it. Wait until just before serving to dress the salad. Pour dressing over and gently toss just before serving.

source: themeanestmomma

No comments:

Post a Comment